Easy read guides to voting in the May local elections
We have worked with Mencap and Mencap NI to produce easy read guides for voters with a learning disability.
The easy read guides provide information about:
- the local elections on Thursday 2 May
- how to register to vote
- how to cast a vote with confidence at a polling station
- how to apply for a postal and proxy vote
Accessible voting for all
Harry and Charlotte who work for Mencap and have a learning disability, have shared their own experiences of voting in a polling station.
To help make voting easier for people with learning disabilities, they suggest:
- polling stations have posters with pictures on how to vote
- polling station staff could wear badges to show that they are there to help people with learning disability vote