How we collect and use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when the Electoral Commission collects personal information about visitors to our websites.
When someone visits www.yourvotematters.co.uk we collect standard internet log information which shows how visitors are using the site. We do this to monitor the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, and to analyse the behaviour of our visitors in order to help us to provide you with a better user experience. We collect this information in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting any of our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this and get your consent. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why:
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Other personal information
The Electoral Commission also collects personal data by means of our day-to-day activities and contact with people who access our services. We have to hold the details of the people who have requested a service in order to provide it. However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated April 2012.
How to contact us
Queries about how the Commission collects and handles personal information may be submitted to us by mail or email. Please send requests to:
The Electoral Commission
3 Bunhill Row
London EC1Y 8YZ
- This site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of material under our control. However, we accept no responsibility for alteration, manipulation or interpretation of its data once placed on the World Wide Web
- Our information on the World Wide Web is subject to change without notice
- Where we provide links to sites, we do not by doing so endorse any information or opinions appearing in them
- We accept no liability over the availability of linked pages
- This website is governed by UK law.